Update of a Dresser

First of all, I have an announcement to make... just found out that Stardust is now in the blogroll
of Desire to Inspire, a very successful blog and one of my every day addictions! 
I'm so thrilled and excited! Thanks Kim and Jo for including me!
Now... remember when I was telling you that I was working on some projects lately?
Well, the first one was the kitchen chairs makeover that I posted here, the second one is what I'll show 
you today and the third is going to be published shortly since it's been the most difficult one! 
So, today I''ll talk to you about the second project, my son's dresser makeover. Since he and his 
father are both fond of the football team "Olympiacos" (football is very popular in Greece and men 
can get fanatic about it),  he specifically asked that he wanted his room to look like the colors of 
his favorite team! (and he's only 4 years old...lol!)
Anyway, here's the flag of Olympiacos to get an idea of my plan:

Since the whole room makeover will not take place before August (when both kiddos are on their
summer vacations with the grandparents and I'll have plenty of time to paint stripes, etc.)
I started just with the old dresser we have in his room. In fact this piece of furniture started as a 
changing table from which we first removed the top wooden layer to serve only as a dresser. 
This is what I started with:
And this is how it finally turned out:
 

I also changed the knobs from simple brown knobs to football balls

Some photos during the process - son using his dresser as a nest...
Daughter using it as a camvas... lol... in fact she's layering the primer...
with which she was much excited, even though she was very sick at that moment.
the white drawers and the whole dresser after two coats of high-gloss paint



So what do you think? Did I achieve the Olympiacos look afterall? :)
Photobucket
*Linking up with these link parties and this. Check them out for a ton of crafts and projects! *

Thanks for Making This Possible! Spread The Word!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Olga... Love the way it has turned out... And those football shaped knobs are lovely !!! Beautiful pics of the process !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Απλά τέλειο! Ειδικά τα πομολάκια με τις μπάλες!!! Μπράβο!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did an amazing job Olga! I can imagine how happy your son is. I have a four year old boy,too and it's amazing how they know exactly what they want - at this small age.
    can't wait to see the rest of the decorating process,it will be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Κι εσείς Ολυμπιακοί.Καταπληκτική δουλειά.Φαντάζομαι ο μικρός χαρά.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep im sure your son is loving it especially the knobs great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your helpers and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olga it looks terrific!!!! Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I saw your link on Made in a Day. Great job on the dresser. It looks like it turned out really nice.

    http://sarahsworld-sarahsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job! So glad to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dresser looks great Olga - looking forward to seeing the whole room done one day !

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great makeover!! And congrats on being included in the blogroll. Thank you for sharing at my party! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the stripes. It's a lot easier than Mod Podge fabric or painting another design yet it still adds pizzazz and color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing transform, love the knobs. Your kids are adorable and wonder if little Miss is always so helpful! Congrat on being included on their blogroll, never heard of them so I will check them out! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing transformation! I bet your son loves it! Especially, the football knobs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! We have a similar dresser/changer that I might bring some life to. Thank you for sharing!

    http://threekidsfouryears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Olga! So very Drab to Fab! Looks very professional too!

    Thanks for sharing at Drab to Fab last week.

    Below is the link for today's party! Come on back and link up some more of your posts (old or new)

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-party-14.html


    Have a lovely weekend :)


    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I'm Jaime. I run a blog called The Dress-up Drawer and I was just passing through. Love your blog and cute dresser!
    I have a great giveaway going on right now for a personalized platter from The Southern Belle Boutique and just thought it might interest you. Thanks for letting me say hi!

    http://thedressupdrawer.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-and-giveaway-southern-belle.html

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover